Friday, March 13, 2009

Speed up XP shutdown

One of the biggest annoyances in Windows XP is waiting for what seems an eternity while it shuts down, so we have a couple of registry tweaks to help force Windows to shut down more quickly.

Usually what is happening is one or more applications is hanging up to 20 seconds (in the Registry all values are set to milliseconds) while the OS tries to shutdown. Before making any changes to the Registry it is highly advisable to create a backup.

Before I just throw this information out on the blog I want to give this WARNING. If you don't know what you are doing you could crash you whole computer. If you feel comfortable working with your registry I want you to call or email me and I will sent the instructions on how to adjust the registry to speed up XP shutdowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment